The Reunion Representative and the Regional Representative programs are designed to promote loyalty, advocacy, and involvement among the Pitt Medicine alumni community. By strengthening lifelong relationships between alumni and their alma mater, this program strives to cultivate more meaningful personal commitments to the Medical Alumni Association.
What Is the Role of a Reunion Representative?
Reunion Reps. are responsible for maintaining ongoing communication with their classmates regarding all facets of the Medical Alumni Association:
- Alumni events and programs
- Pitt Medicine news
- News and information about classmates
- The status of the class scholarship fund (if applicable)
- Encourage attendance to MAA Alumni Weekend within your reunion year
Throughout the year, communication may include letters, emails, telephone calls, and handwritten cards. Reunion Reps. serve as the essential link between their class and the Medical Alumni Association. They act as a resource to recruit volunteers for their class reunion committees, participate in events that cultivate relationships among alumni, and encourage involvement from other classmates.
What Is the Role of a Regional Representative?
Regional Representatives will serve as an extension of the Medical Alumni Association Executive Board to expand and broaden the scope of the Medical Alumni Association (MAA) Regional Reps will help to engage non-local Pitt Med alumni in his or her region by:
- Encouraging alumni attendance to Pitt Med events by lending his or her name to emails sent by the MAA Office.
- Being a liaison to students who traveling in that area as a point of contact.
- Sharing ideas with the Assistant Director for the MAA and Medical Alumni Association Board on how to connect with non-local Pitt Med Alumni.
- Acting as a class agent and encouraging class attendance during his/her reunion weekend.This would also include attending reunion weekend as well. (schedule permitting)
As a non-local MAA Executive Board member, regional representatives will also:
- Be sent Board meeting minutes from quarterly meetings.
- Have input into student events and programs.
- Be asked to attend at least one MAA Board meeting, either in person (surrounding an event) or by teleconference.
If you would like to volunteer as a Reunion or a Regional Representative, please contact Dana Kaasik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-648-9090.